Independence Day celebration is marked by Flag hoisting ceremony in the presence of our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s address to the nation and national parade by armed forces of our country. The flag hoisting ceremony is followed by march past by soldiers and armed forces of India.
The parade display showcases the strength of democratic and republic nation and how our country India has moved forward to strengthen it’s base for protecting it’s citizens. Currently the tickets are available in the counters of Government offices.
15 August 2020 – Independence Day Function Details
A host of cultural programme and address by PMO to India’s audiences on the eve of Independence Day marks the greatest beginning of the year. National Anthems followed by salute of PM to national guards marching past the Red Fort.
Here’s a short glimpse of what to expect on the grand celebration day:
- Preparations at Red Fort for Flag Hoisting Ceremony
- Arrival of PM, Shri Narendra Modi to Red Fort and escorting the officials to flag hoisting ceremony
- Flag hoisting by PM of India
- National Anthem – “Jana Gana Mana” sung at the heart of Red Ford, Delhi
- 21 Gun shots fired for solemn honour
- PM’s address to the nation regarding nation’s growth in past year – Points raised which concern the economic and political changes in past one year
- March past Parade show by Military and Paramilitary forces of India
- Cultural events portraying India’s struggle in Freedom fight
- An honourable display of India’s historic past
- Closing Ceremony
How to collect tickets for Independence Day event in New Delhi
- India Gate
- Shastri Bhavan, Gate Number 1
- Red Fort, Purani Delhi
- Pragati Maidan, South Block Road
- Delhi Tourism and Development Board Counters and DTDC Offices
- Jantar Mantar
- The Parliament House and Reception office
- Dilli Haat, Near Gandhi Ashram, Chandni Chowk
Instructions for Buying Tickets online for Independence Day 2018 in Delhi
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID Card
- Driving Licence
- PAN Card
- Government Employee ID Card
All ticket holders are requested to take the seats one hour prior to the event since the security and staff management requires additional time to setup the arrival of officials and Prime Minister of India.
How People Celebrate Independence Day Function Every Year
To all the people who stay at New Delhi, they must be familiar with the trend of celebration every year. People rally through the streets of the city to enjoy the festivities and play national songs to get a feeling of the nationalist.
One of the most beautiful part being watching the speech given by the Prime Minister of India every year. Our PM – Shri Narendra Modi covers the entire yearly envision and achievements that the country has witnessed in the past year.
All the details in terms of achievements and historical growth is summarized in brief. Let us check few points on how other people can celebrate this festival this year:
- Celebrations with National flag hoisted on their house doors and rooftops
- Playing National songs that remark the flavour of dignity and spirituality among ourselves
- Visit a nearby Ashram or Temple and get the blessings for making us become citizens of such a beautiful country
- School Children can contribute speeches and plays depicting National importance
- Visit to historic monuments and pre-historical era of Indian Independence.
We hope you liked this article! If you have any thoughts or questions, feel free to comment below with your thoughts and we will be ready to provide answers to them.